Trudi Jane Wyatt, MA, RP, CCC
Registered Psychotherapist

Psychotherapy for individual male and female adults in Ontario, Canada. CURRENT NEW AVAILABILITY IS ONLY FOR TELEPHONE SESSIONS. PLEASE SEE “TELEPHONE” TAB.


416-901-0994 No text; if emergency 911; see ‘Resources’.
100 King St. W. or by phone
Weekdays, by appointment only

For information about anger management services affiliated with the justice system, or specializing in assisting individuals with anger leading to current physical violence, consider contacting North York General Hospital , The John Howard Society of Toronto, and/or The Salvation Army.

For individuals experiencing current risk of serious bodily harm to self or others, please immediately contact one of these resources:

  • If risk of serious bodily harm to self: Canada Suicide Prevention Services (CSPS) (1-833-456-4566). For information see
  • Call Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000)
  • Call 911
  • Go to your local hospital emergency room
  • Call a local distress centre (e.g., Distress Centres of Toronto at 416.408.4357)
  • Go to a medical walk-in clinic (if during open hours)
  • Contact your primary care physician (if during his / her office hours)
  • Got to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Emergency Room at 250 College Street in Toronto

Also, these online therapist search sites allow you to search specifically for clinicians specializing in helping people with suicidal thoughts or self-harming behaviours, though the other resources above are more available than a therapist on an urgent basis.

Additional resources to consider, for obtaining local emotional support fairly quickly, include:

  • A supportive friend/relative whom you trust
  • Assaulted Women’s Helpline (if applicable) (416.863.0511),
  • 1-866-887-0015 (for male survivors of abuse),
  • Seniors Safety Line (1-866-299-1011) (if applicable)
  • For Ontario Indigenous women: 1-855-554-HEAL
  • Gerstein Centre in Toronto (416.929.5200),
  • From 8pm to midnight there is also the “Warm Line” (peer support) offered by Progress Place: (online chat), text 647-557-5882, or call 416-960-WARM (9276)

If you are a minor (under 18 years of age) and need assistance you can call Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868.

Note that this post is not psychotherapy / counselling; please contact me or another professional if you require these services. If you need urgent support, consider Toronto Distress Centres at 416.408.4357. If you need immediate help, call 911 or go to your local Emergency Room. Note this post is for information only, does not imply that a professional relationship has been established with readers, is not advice, and does not imply intent to provide professional services to readers. Intended audience: Current adult residents of the Canadian province of Ontario only.

Trudi Jane Wyatt © 2020