Pine Tree Counselling & Psychotherapy
Trudi Jane Wyatt, MA, CT, CCC
Psychotherapy for individual adults in Ontario. (Note, I am geographically in Alberta.)


Phone: 403.270.2386*
(emergencies 911)*

Psychotherapist? Psychologist? Psychiatrist? I just want someone to talk to!

The psychotherapy landscape in Ontario can be confusing for members of the public who often just want someone to talk to. There are all kinds of titles, and lots of jargon, and all this can feel like it’s getting in the way of just finding a good fit with a competent practitioner. Global News recognized this and created the following article and video to help:

Psychotherapist vs. psychologist vs. psychiatrist: Which one should you choose?

For more information about finding someone to talk to, please contact me.

Updated 17 Mar 2018

Note that this post is not psychotherapy / counselling; please contact me or another professional if you require these services. If you need urgent support, consider Toronto Distress Centres at 416.408.4357. If you need immediate help, call 911 or go to your local Emergency Room. Note this post is for information only, does not imply that a professional relationship has been established with readers, is not advice, and does not imply intent to provide professional services to readers. Intended audience: Current adult residents of the Canadian province of Ontario only.

(c) 2018 Trudi Jane Wyatt